Final London ‘Pitching for Management’ at Nabarro – THE BIG DEBATE
Tuesday, 9 December 2014 from 18:00 to 21:30 (GMT)
125 London Wall
London EC2Y 5AS
What is it all about?
Pitching for Management is a series of pop-up events across the UK where innovative exciting companies pitch their businesses to an audience of experienced, talented business professionals that are looking for a new challenge and thrive on the buzz of working within entrepreneurial companies.
Luke Johnson, serial angel investor, says: “Almost every venture capitalist I know says that the most important factor in any investment is the management.”
AND IT WORKS!
Who is it for?
- Entrepreneurs with a great business that need an extra skill-set to help the company grow to its next stage or to achieve a specific goal;
- Experienced High-Level Professionals looking for new and exciting roles or a career challenge, whether it be a full or part-time position, Chairmanship, Mentoring, Non-Executive role, or perhaps a Sales, Finance or Marketing Directorship;
- Value-add Business Angels looking to work with exciting innovative companies;
- Serial Entrepreneurs seeking a new venture to be a part of;
- Key influencers wanting to support the pitching companies in their regions, attend the invaluable post-event networking and become part of the Pitching for management UK wide enterprise network.
1. Marketing Manager required for early stage luxury online boutique, specialising in bra’s for curvier ladies designed and made in Britain with the intention of supporting British manufacture and based on the “made in Britain’ theme. This role is initially part time and is required to help develop the marketing strategy and subsequent online sales and collaboration within selected luxury retailers. We are looking for an experienced marketing manager with specific knowledge of online marketing initiatives and campaigns through website and social media.
The right candidate will be involved from the early stages and support and drive the brand awareness in order to gain market share and competitive advantage. Initially targeting the UK market, the growth strategy includes moving to further countries and diversifying into related products including swimwear, nightwear and sportswear for the curvier lady. Remuneration will be based on experience and may also include an element of equity.
In a new move to increase the focus on the importance of teams in ambitious businesses, come and debate with VCs, business angels and entrepreneurs about how to adapt the team post-investment.
There will also be four companies telling you about their big management challenges and asking for your help in solving them.
If you can solve one or more of the challenges you will be rewarded with the opportunity to join the company and take it forwards. You may be paid a remuneration package based on salary and perks and for the lucky few you will be awarded a stake in the company in return for your efforts.
If you want to make a big change in your life to a better way of working – this is the event for you.
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Nabarro
18.35 : 1st Challenge
18.45 : 2nd Challenge
18.55 : The BIG DEBATE: ADAPTING THE TEAM POST-FUNDING
19.40 : 3rd Challenge
19.50 : 4th Challenge
20.00 : Closing Guest Speaker
20.10 : Networking and Refreshments
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
You can find the Terms and Conditions here.
Do you have questions about Pitching for Management 6th Birthday Party? Contact AngelNews