in partnership with
The Becoming a Non-Executive Director – for Coaches and Mentors course is designed for coaches, mentors and other professionals who possess these skillsets including organisational psychologists and business consultants. It is also of value to anyone who has substantial experience and expertise in harnessing individual as well as team effectiveness at board level, and who is experienced as an Executive Director or CEO.
Coaching and mentoring skillsets are different from those which are typically sought for the NED role. Bringing these skillsets into the boardroom as being valuable in themselves, provides considerable scope for increasing the diversity, well-being and effectiveness of organisations in the current volatile, complex and uncertain economic climate. HR professionals and recruiters seeking to appoint NED’s from a wider selection pool will also find this course valuable in providing what they need to support their clients in making informed decisions.
For the coach or mentor as NED this course enables you to:-
- Plan and prepare for your first NED position with a real sense of what is expected of you as a NED and how you can meet these challenges.
- Receive essential knowledge about roles, responsibilities, strategic focus and corporate governance that are key foundations for a Non-Executive board role.
- Understand up to date thinking on corporate governance and the responsibilities of owners, the board, employees as well as you as a NED.
- Appreciate the various ways and circumstances in which non-executive directors can make an effective contribution to a board’s work.
- Understand methods for selection including key motivators and rewards along with the practicalities of the selection process.
- Experience practical sessions on how to identify NED opportunities that are right for you, with emphasis on how to present your experiences with clarity and relevance. These will help you navigate the process of obtaining your first appointment and performing due diligence before you are appointed to the role.
David Doughty CDir FIoD
David Doughty is a Chartered Director and highly experienced Non-Executive, Chief Executive, Chair, Entrepreneur and Business Mentor. David has extensive executive and non-executive experience in small and medium enterprises in private and public sectors. He is also a board level consultant to multi-national organisations and a Chartered Director Ambassador for the Institute of Directors.
Pauline Willis MAPS CPsychol CSci
Pauline is an internationally recognised expert in executive coaching, mentoring and team effectiveness as well as selection and development in the boardroom. Pauline is a Chartered Psychologist registered in the UK and Australia as well as a Chartered Scientist. She is a founding Director of the Coaching & Mentoring Network (CMN), and was a founding Executive Board Member of the European Coaching & Mentoring Council, Chair and founding member of the British Psychological Society’s Special Group in Coaching Psychology (SGCP) Executive Committee. Working with both public and private sectors, she has experience of coaching and mentoring as well as selection and development within small and medium enterprises as well as large multi-national organisations.
Pre-work is not compulsory. Before the workshop you will find it useful to consider what personal qualities and value you bring to the boardroom as a coach or mentor. You are also invited to complete a short questionnaire based assessment to reveal your key personality and style based strengths to the roles of coach, mentor and NED. For those of you who complete the assessment, you will be provided with a short summary report to support you in your professional journey.
Duration: 1 day
Magdalen Centre Oxford Science Park,
Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford
£330.00 (ex VAT)
Payment with Booking Price
£300.00 (ex VAT)
£270.00 (ex VAT)
To see course dates and to book your place now follow this link:
The fee includes lunch, refreshments and a copy of the course handbook
6 hours structured CPD with attendance certificate awarded.
*Discounts on Excellencia course fees are available for:
[amazon_enhanced asin=”0957587449″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”1843980754″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”0471711721″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”0809225379″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”0071703098″ /]
Becoming a Non-Executive Director - for Coaches and Mentors - Oxford 9 June 2015
Magdalen Centre Oxford Science Park,
Robert Robinson Avenue,Oxford,Oxfordshire