At Pitching for Management events you can get involved with an exciting business and develop your career portfolio
These are some of the challenges that will be offered on Tuesday 20 May 2014 at Taylor Vinters in Cambridge
- We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to drive all PR and customer acquisition activities for a mobile social reading platform that connects Writers and Readers around the world. Candidates must be familiar with Facebook mobile app install advertising products, Twitter’s mobile advertising platform, and Google’s mobile AdMob product. Candidates must have extensive experience of working in global digital markets and love working with Writers. Candidate must have experience of mobile User Interface design and Facebook viral promotion.
- With a pilot product operational, we need to explore real opportunities. We recognise that the video market is emerging fast, but see a gap to support the SME digital market. We recognise that larger organisations will be able to provide such platforms, but this product provides a private, customisable, easily changed CMS, that can be made flexible in the digital space. The main need is to examine viability during the pilot through market evaluation and seeking funding to exploit niche markets. We have the technical, project management,security, sales skills to move through the pilot to the market for SMEs, niche organisations – interim recruitment, consultants, accountants, lawyers. There will be a platform need for scaleability.
- We are a Cambridge based start up that produces highly controlled graphene nanomaterials that are used in the next generation of high performance electronics, smart coatings and composites to enhance their electrical, thermal and mechanical performance. We are looking for two people to join our team:
- Operation Officer – The position requires an experienced operation officer that is expected tomanage the execution of large research projects or commercial contracts. For the specific projects, the ideal candidate will monitor the operation against targets, budget, staffing and logistic.
- Sales Manager – The position requires a manager with experience in relevant industries that will help to develop our network of customers, distributors and industrial partners. As the company is currently making the transition from the R&D to the commercial phase, the role will be initially part-time.
- The roles will offer the right candidate an extremely exciting opportunity to structure the growth of the company in a sector at the cutting edge of technology. Specific experience in the oil and gas industry will also be considered for specific set of projects. Sales driven remuneration will be offered, equity to be discussed.
- Strategic Operations Officer – Channel Sales Officer sought for VC and Angel backed technology group. The candidate must have experience of the tech sector and a sales / channel strategy background preferably for taking, ‘disruptive’ technology solutions into public sector, UK private and third sector companies and global customers. The role will be London based. Potentially a share option package will accompany a salary which will be at a market rate for the role. It is likely that the position will be scaled up as contracts and opportunities are delivered. These are some of the characteristics the successful candidate will display:
- demonstrable track record of overseeing substantial growth in a company environment in an executive or non-executive role
- recognised for rapid results
- experience of smaller company environments and multiple product and market opportunities
- career in the Technology sector with B2B business models, but target B2C end user
- international experience
- strategic and an operational mindset
- hands on, high energy, people business
In a new move to increase the focus on the importance of teams in ambitious businesses, come and debate with VCs and business angels about what makes a management team investable.
We will also have four companies telling you about their big management challenges and asking for your help in solving them.
If you can solve one or more of the challenges you will be rewarded with the opportunity to join the company and take it forwards. You may be paid a remuneration package based on salary and perks and for the lucky few you will be awarded a stake in the company in return for your efforts.
If you want to make a big change in your life to a better way of working – this is the event for you.
Kerry Baldwin – IQ Capital Partners
David Gill, MD of St. John’s Innovation Centre and a venture capitalist at ET Capital
David Gee, Tower Tree (ex-TTP Ventures)
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Taylor Vinters
18.35 : 1st Challenge
18.45 : 2nd Challenge
18.55 : The BIG DEBATE: WHAT MAKES A MANAGEMENT TEAM INVESTABLE?
19.40 : 3rd Challenge
19.50 : 4th Challenge
20.00 : Closing Guest Speaker
20.10 : Networking and Refreshments
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
To book your place at this Pitching for Management event click here